• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where else to stay ?

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Thats the Question. Never been to the area,dont know what towns are close and am too old to sleep in a tent.
Looking for a motel/Hotel or even a Bed&Breakfast for several days.Pretty sure others are in the same boat.
Help if you can....
Thanks,
Wayne

There is a hotel down the road in Cumberland.

There is a Holiday Inn in Harlan and there are cabins in Evarts, KY.

Ok,Thanks.
Wasn,t sure of the distance to Harlan,Will look into one of the rooms there.

Thanks,
Wayne

It is better to stay on the Harlan/Putney/Cumberland side if you can as it is closer to everything. Harlan is 7 miles from the campground and Cumberland is about the same in the other direction. Evarts is on the other side of Black Mountain and would be the longest distance from the festivities.

There is a Holiday Inn in Harlan and there are cabins in Evarts, KY.

Is that Holiday Inn still there? When I looked on Google last night it said it was closed, and I checked on their website and got no results as well.

The comfort inn is nice. X stayed there one year.

That's weird. When I went to Holiday Inn's website it came up with no results for Harlan.

Gotta have the touch man, the touch....

How far is it from the Holiday Inn to the campground/trails?

There are two entrances. The Evarts one and the one at Putney where we stay. I'd say its about 20 minutes from town to the trail head.

I didn't know that.

Pool party at J.R.'s crib!

Back