• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'95 XJ OBDI codes...

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
Driving the Aquajeep today on freeway, 65-ish... bucked a few times, CEL came on... key off, start engine, CEL gone... minute later more bucking, CEL back on... got off freeway, did Key on-off-on-off-on, got either code 12 and 41 or code 24... flashes were as follows: flash-pause flash-flash... flash-flash-flash-flash-pause-flash... then code 55 (end of codes)... so do I have codes 12 and 41, or is it 24... I've read the one flash at the beginning means 'beginning codes'... looking for clarification... she's my DD so any help kinda pronto would be HUGELY appreciated!!! Thanks in advance, Jeep Gods!

BTW... code 24 is TPS overvoltage, code 12 is battery disco'd in last 50 key cycles (which is not true) and code 41 is alternator fields not switching correctly... hmmm... feels like a TPS problem, battery is charging

12 is code start... for old systems it was batt disco, and many still list it that way. You will always get a code 12 and 55.

so, you have a code 41, generator field control.

Thanks, Digger... any idea what that means? I know my way around my Jeep, and I'm a pretty good mechanic, but electrical issues are sorta like voodoo to me... suggestions?

if the alty is old, the brushes might be wearing out... look for shorts or opens in the harness.

If there is an intermintant short to ground, that would cause a stumble as the field is fed 12v from the ASD ciruit, which feeds the coil, O2 sensors and injectors also.

Back