• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Regear Pattern

Qban

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to get some recommendations on my pattern

Almost ready for socal fest except for this last axle to do =)

D30 HP with Yukon 4.56.
BL: 0.008
Pinion Depth (Behind Bearing Cup): Shims (0.035) + Baffle (0.016)
Pinion New Slinger: 0.030

The only thing I could think of was maybe decreasing the pinion depth shims by a small amount (maybe minus 0.003-0.005). But a lot of you guys are way better at this than me, I would really appreciate your recommendations.

d30porigbl8_zpsce683b8c.jpg
d30porigbl8_zpsce683b8c.jpg

Thanks!
Eric

Thanks everyone, now to just get the pinion preload shim stack right and swap out the setup bearings for the real ones. Hopefully the final setup comes out the same =)

My preload was completely off with the new bearings vs "setup bearings". but I made them from bearings with about 8k miles on them...

Thats good to know, I'll keep a lookout for that. My setup bearings have a max of 4-5K miles on them. That being said, if its just pinion preload that changes that's easy enough to correct. I figure its only blacklash that would be painful to have to change after the final setup on a d30.

Last edited:
Pattern looks freaking great.
yah my final backlash on my 44 this last week changed from .005 to .008 after going from a setup bearings to final bearings.

Back