• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upcountry Rear end vehicle height

NZOLIVER

NAXJA Forum User
Aloha all!!

Could some one with a STOCK XJ with the UP COUNTRY PACKAGE please tell me (or measure) the exact distance from the centre of the rear wheel to the lip of the wheel arch. :eyes:

I'm trying to get the height for having my leaf springs reset. 156000Km have taken their toll on them. :greensmok

Floor to lip is no good as this takes in to account tyres etc. It MUST be wheel centre to lip. :lecture:

Thank you

Oliver

Well, stock non-upcountry is 17" from center of hub to bottom of flare in the rear, 17.5 in the front. Upcountry is supposed to be 1" taller than regular. So 18" should be the correct number.

Hi again all! :)

Ok, thank you for the info! :bunny:

Now, I've been told the spring height for the Up COuntry rear springs is a 7" free arch.
The question my spring maker is asking from me to make sure, is the measurement from centre of the eyes:eyes: to where the spring clamps to the axle or is a measurement with the spring 'upside down' and from the 'floor' to the highest point in the middle of the spring?:dunno:

Oliver:confused1

Back