• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Body Leaking

OCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Okay people,

So for the past few months ive had an intermittent P0301 coming and going. After finally triggering a flashing check engine light I decided it was finally time to troubleshoot this bad boy. I got it into my shop, ran a smoke test, and found both PCVs leaking as well as the throttle body leaking behind the throttle cable spool where the rod runs through to the butterfly valve. Now i got the PCVs replaced with factory parts but the dealership wants 320 bucks for a new throttle body, and im a Jeeper so theres no way im payin that. So the real question i need an answer to is....... Do i buy a bored out throttle body from an aftermarket company? 62mm or so.... Pick one up at a junkyard if i can find one.... or does anyone know of any machine shops or carb shops that rebuild throttle bodys, sleeve the rod, or reseal them?

what year is your XJ? i would go junkyard first then if you strike out go the bored route. they should be cheap at the junkyard and they don't really fail all that often so you should have good luck going that route.

While the throttle body leaking could be an issue I seriously doubt its contributing to your 0301. I would check the plugs, coil rail, and swap the #1 injector with another and see if the code moves.

Back