• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cut and Fold passing inspection?

Riptide

NAXJA Forum User
I found some significant rust on the rear passenger side quarter panel of my new (to me) '01 XJ last night...saw a little rust under the bumper extender, took it off, and about 1/4 of the panel crumbled. Now I have a big gaping hole.

This seems like the perfect time to do a cut and fold, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this mod passing the PA inspection process? Seems to me that it should be fine since it's still the original quarter panel, but I just read the code and it mentions that the fenders must be the "size and shape of the original equipment".

Anyone have any experiences with this?

I've had a cut and fold on mine for the past 5 years or so and never had any issues with inspection. I made a bumper that wraps around under quarters a couple years ago, so most places might not really notice now anyway, but I got it inspected a few times with cut and fold/stock bumper.

Back