• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding next to a gas tank?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
This is probably a dumb question... Will this be alright? The tank has maybe half a gallon in it.

I will be using FCAW to tack in my inner wheel wells. Only a couple inches from the tank. the tank fill is about 2ft above the floor and the hatch is outside the garage.
Thanks,
Newb welder.
IMG_20140122_141120_zps4mz5epvc.jpg

I just pulled it, better safe than on fire I suppose.

x3 or 4 whatever it is up to. less room for vapor is the safest way other than pulling it completely, good on you for deciding to pull it out, you might have just saved your life :thumbup:

I think it took 3min and I can replace the pump from my back seat. :p
IMG_20110814_231628.jpg

I got it back and the list of things to do is getting very short. Most recently I got the hydroboost and all brakelines redone, PSC steering box plumbed, finished the stroker but I need to weld my engine brace and figure out these CA smog laws...

Basically a lot of welding left. oh and cleaning up the mess from fire extinguishers when that shop lit it on fire...
I don't have a build thread.

I got it back and the list of things to do is getting very short. Most recently I got the hydroboost and all brakelines redone, PSC steering box plumbed, finished the stroker but I need to weld my engine brace and figure out these CA smog laws...

Basically a lot of welding left. oh and cleaning up the mess from fire extinguishers when that shop lit it on fire...
I don't have a build thread.

:scared:

When they were welding the cage they lit the passenger side of the dash on fire. They used a couple fire extinguishers and a garden hose. whole front half is covered in white powder and my cage is hella rusty since it was bare metal.

Wow. talk about a terribly careless shop. Wow.

Yup they left me with a mess pretty much only did my cage and I paid 3000 + materials.

My brother in-law ended up welding my links/coilover mounts up because their welder quit and I'm pretty sure they didn't pay him for it.
Good news is I got all this done yesterday, ran out of wire so I haven't welded the top seam yet.

IMG_20140123_220936_zpsmty8s7ow.jpg

Back