• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plug for Oil Pressure Sending Unit: Replacement?

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
This is probably going to be a dealership item, but I thought it would be worth inquiring here first.

Did my first oil change on my new to me '96 XJ. Unplugged the oil pressure sending unit to gain a bit of clearance and was surprised at how little there seems to be left of the wiring going to it. The plug feels like it is ready to fall off the wire. And the wire is stripped for about an inch coming out of the plug. Its days are numbered. I would prefer to fix it before it fails.

All I can tell is that this is not a Weatherpack plug. Might be a Metri-Pack, but I have no clue what series. Anybody know anything about this plug?

OilPressSendingPlug2OPT.jpg

That definitely bears a resemblance.

Interesting that it has two wires. Mine is one wire. Plug is for a two wire design, but the second side is capped.

I may wind up ordering that after I do a bit of due diligence to make sure that is indeed the right plug.

Thank you for finding that.

junkyard, clip off enough extra wire to patch what's ruined on yours and stick it in your pocket wink wink ;)

Back