• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spec-D Tuning Headlamps

Cerveja

NAXJA Forum User
Any headlights that look ricer, or car show cool are going to perform like crap.

Buy a nice set of H-4 housings, some clear white bulbs, and upgrade the headlight wire harness.

Actually....

I purchased a set and once I had the opportunity to really look at them, I sent them back. The entire stock assembly gets replaced and while that is all fine and good, the SpecD only uses two of the four available hardware locations to secure it to the XJ.

I was not happy with that but what was the determining factor was that that there were no provisions made for adjustment. You are expected to bolt them on and take whatever beam alignment you happen to get. That might work on a Factory Fresh XJ, but not on our beat up lifted versions.

Fortunately, the purchase was through Amazon so returning them was not an issue. Getting my money back was... I had to file two complaints and it took over two months for the refund to show.

So, just beware.

As for the actual performance of them, from what I have seen they throw a great pattern. But... What good is it if it can not be aimed?

Back