• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bighorn m/t or adventuro m/t?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Kinda been looking around for some decent cheap tires and I've got two choices:
1. 31" bighorn m/t from les schwab
2. 31" Adventuro m/t with siping.

Now I've had the adventuro before, they had came withy jeep when I bought it(235's) they had only 15% tread but I noticed they gripped great. Sucked majorly in ice and water(no siping whatsoever)

The bighorns comes out at about 882 for the whole deal and the adventuro about 600-700(if I sipe them or not)
My question is which would be better? I know without siping the adventuro suck on ice and heavy wet roads but haven't a clue on the bighorns. Both will only be 31"s as that is the size I'm going.

Kenda Klever MT. Look them up. Best tire I have ever run. Been using kenda's on my bikes and motorcycles for years. They just brought a line of light truck tires to the US market and they're amazing. Don't believe it? Their stock has nearly doubled this year. They will be a premium company in our market in the coming years.

I've run 2 sets of siped Bighorns and have zero complaints. I live in Utah and my rig is a driver, so lots of highway miles with rain and snow, offroad with loose shale and sand, slickrock and sand when I wheel in Moab and Sand Hollow. I got 45k miles out of my first set, with no flats and even treadwear, sold them with about 6k miles in tread left. I rotate religiously every 6k miles.

On our last snow run, I crawled up stuff that the guys running KM's struggled a bit. Hope this helps.

For a little bit more you can get a set of BFG KM2's or Goodyear MT/R's. Or my favorite BFG AT T/A. Don't go to Les Schwab unless your local guy is better than mine. I've given the local store here a few sales and EVERY time I come away not satisfied.

I ordered both sets of Bighorns off of ebay, shipped to my door. I paid Discount to sipe them and for lifetime rotation and balance and it still came out less expensive that Schwab.

Discount Tire
Lifetime Balance $15 x4 =$60
Dismount $3 x4 = $12
Mount $3 x 4 = $12
Rubber Valve stems $2 x 4 = $8

$100

Siping cost isnt on the invoice.....must have talked them into doing this for free!

Last edited:
Back