• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

restart after roll over

Chris Dobbs

NAXJA Forum User
I need some help with restarting my 99 xj after a full roll over it set for 24 hours before we were able to up right. I pulled all the plugs out and turned it over major oil from last plug at the fire wall. How many times should i turn it over with the plugs out? The xj is not on level ground.

I have flopped this xj several times before but i have never had to leave it setting on the roof for 24 hours. After the roll gas was all over the place to the point that we left the head lights on because no one wanted to get near the jeep. All the fluids were all over the place gas,Trans, pwr st, oil, optima did'nt crack but was dead the next day. After 10 hours with a 5 ton chain fall we had it back on all fours wasted but up write. I have been looking for a write up on what to do and cant find it. The problem my be that the xj is still on a hill side hood facing up hill. All fluids are back in the plugs were removed an the starter pushed oil from only one plug hole? Were is the ASD relay under the hood? Can oil get in the distributor cap after setting that long?

I have never heard of oil in distributor cap, but its only 2 screws to find out. Check air filter and intake too, I have seen those filled with oil after roll over. Being on a hill shouldn't have an effect unless its low on fuel. The asd is in the engine bay fuse box. Pulling it will stop injector pulse and coil (fireball).

mine was upside down for 30mins and i managed to get a quart of oil in the intake manifold, look in through the tb

Back