• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C-Rok rock skins question

Ex Jay

NAXJA Forum User
I cant seem to find anyone running these. Any of you have them? Curious on some opinions.

Need some rocker protection but want to limit weight and loss of clearance.
I like the traditional style that protrudes a bit to help protect the side, but for the type of exploring I'm doing I dont know that I'll need it. Just dont want a taco'd rocker because it touched a dirt clump.

LOl I dunno I just happened across their site. Id posibly just build that style on my own, just curious how that kind is working for everyone

C-rok is still around. Neal (the owner) is a great guy. I've been to the shop and seen those rocker skins, but have no input regarding their longevity. They looked like they would offer some protection, but I wouldn't regularly use them as I would a slider. For an expedition type rig, I think they would be suitable to save your rockers from the occasional hit.

Also a nice way to thicken the rocker & weld a step onto it for roof rack access.
I'd weld the whole thing in & maybe bridge it to a reinforced unibody rail, might help stiffen things further. No rule saying you could't run a slider under it as well though at this point, you should maybe just weld in a rocker replacement.

Back