• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing front driver fender - question

bigalpha

Got everything undone up to the front - are there some hidden torx bits buried up front somewhere?

I tried to find a write up or some pictures of this process and came up empty handed.

Open the door, and there will be two (2) Torx bolts in the door jamb area. There may also be a small bracket inside the wheelwell riveted to the inner fender (right about in the middle of the wheel well opening, on the top).

I got the torx removed from the door hinge area, from where they go through the pinch joint, the fender brace, the top four in the engine bay and the front two nuts that are behind the headlight bezel.

tried just giving it a good yank to see where it's hung up? sometimes they like to get stuck when they haven't been removed in 20+ years

Okay, I figured it out earlier. Had to pull the header panel to remove some more Torx bolts.

Along with that, there was some more fasteners under the bumper.

Back