• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Brakes

SuperGlue

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, I am about finished with my 8.8 swap but I am having a hard time getting info on the brake lines. I have read that the lines will bolt up to the Cherokee, and that most people get another passenger side soft line to replace the proportioning valve thingy on the driver side of the axle. I am curious if I can just bolt the factory soft line from the axle to my frame hard line. If not, why cant I? Thanks for any useful info,
-Phil

I don't remember 100% from my swap but I believe the cherokee soft line from the body should bolt up to the t block on the 8.8.

95 chevy 1500 flex line from body to axle you also need an adaptor 1/4 to 3/16 iirc. The chevy is 3/16 . Its pretty long I used a pass side explorer rubber line on the drivers side as well. I bent hard lines to go from the chevy splitter to each side the drivers side is a short run I used the shortest piece of bundy flex oreilly sells.
I would not use the stock cherokee line as its pretty short YMMV tho.

Back