• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can i run a 98 4.0 in my 01?

JeepFanatik

NAXJA Forum User
Just like the title says. The motor in my 01 4.0 is shot and i have found a used one in a parted out 98 on Craigslist. Wanted to check as i'm certain the 98's still had distributor and plug wires where my 01 has the coil packs and "fake" electronic module that sits down in place of the distributor.

if i swap the coil packs and "fake" distributor module onto the 98 motor.....shouldn't that work?

Oh and......Hi, this is my first post!!

thanks for any input.

Is the 0331 head cracked ?

Any 1990-2001 XJ Cherokee or 1993-98 ZJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 L engine block will interchange.

Remove and re-use as needed or required from your original engine: Intake/Exhaust manifolds, flex plate/flywheel, cylinder head, distributor-less ignition or distributor assembly, engine sensors, fan belt driven accessories and mounting brackets.

If you have a cracked 0331 head, buy a good used redesigned and more durable TUPY 0331 head from a 2002+ 4.0L TJ Wrangler 1997-06 or WJ Grand Cherokee 1999-04.

Back