• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dealer price for LSD installation?

wolf2600

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone here work for a dealer and able to lookup their book price on installation of a factory TracLock LSD in a 99 XJ Sport w/ 8.25 (3.55) rear diff?

Not sure about the LSD, but to replace carrier and pinion bearings on the exact same rear-end was estimated by the dealer at around $1200-1500.
wo. :wierd:

But I've found that dealers charge differently.... I called one to see about replacing my leaf packs with ones I got from Quadratec and they quoted me $1020. Called the local dealership and it was only $240 (labor only).

Why? If you knew the guys I know that work at dealerships you wouldn't let them wrench on your car. Why not go to a reputable differential shop in your area?

Why? If you knew the guys I know that work at dealerships you wouldn't let them wrench on your car. Why not go to a reputable differential shop in your area?

Exactly Ex Jay. That was the quote I got from a dealership. I most certainly did not have them do the work. The only reason I even got that quote was because I was in for the airbag module relocation recall.

Just that I've had the local dealer install up-country springs all around for me, the work was done quick and inexpensive. ($240 for the rears, the same for the fronts).

I'm in a kinda white-trash area, and I'd trust a dealership to do the work more than I would a random 3rd party shop.

Back