• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Templates / Plans

dustybob

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched around and tried to find some bumper plans / blueprints and found a few people flamed for asking for such. And I agree, if someone or a company has done their work they should be compensated for it, not ripped off.

Here's the deal, I'm not asking to steal anyone's plans. I'd rather find someone that has done their homework and plans for themselves and possibly pay them for it because I don't want to do the planning/ prep work myself. I thought I remembered seeing a user with some bumper blueprints for sale a couple years ago but I can't find anything like that now.

So with that said, anyone have some decent plans drawn up in a .pdf or autocad file they would sell at a reasonable cost? Let me know what you've got!

I've seen those. I could. I'm in a welding class right now and thought it would be good experience. I've got more than enough resources to do my own, could even throw a design up on the plasma table. Just thought I'd check and see if anyone had anything to offer...

Its really not that hard to take some cardboard/poster board and make templates and an entire bumper even. Then just copy over all the pieces to metal, cut, weld, and enjoy.

I've got more than enough resources to do my own, could even throw a design up on the plasma table. Just thought I'd check and see if anyone had anything to offer...

thats the easy part...

there are PDFs available out there for the front frame rail tie ins or rear frame rail nut strips. learn to use a CAD program such as catia, im partial to NX myself. take a tape measure to the jeep and design your bumper as an assembly. then you should be able to to save your work as a DXF and take it right over to your plasma table.

Back