• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P1694 Code NO BuS Odometer Reading

ruffrich26

NAXJA Forum User
This has been an ongoing battle between me and my xj. Started Saturday.

I hosed out the engine bay and then drove the vehicle. Immediately started having Rough idle issues Didn't pull a code pulled it into my buddy's garage then it wouldn't start just turn over checked the fuel pressure in the fuel rail and it was barely trickling out. Replaced the three sensors that sit up top of the intake the MAP, throttle body, and what ever the other sensor is "as you can tell I am not mechanical inclined at all" Fired it up and it was idling at 2000 RPMS, Throw it into gear it would drop down, Put it back in park or neutral it shoots back up to 2000.

Monday: Drove it back to Iowa 3 hours away from my house was working fine. Get in to start it two nights ago Wednesday. Same thing will not start and now its pulling a P1694 Code and in the Odometer its saying NO BuS. And the Rely fuse box was buzzing like crazy coming from the ADS rely

Replaced both the Cam and Crank Shaft sensors and ADS relays Still won't start.

I had it towed to a shop they tried to hook it up to a scanner and it wouldn't respond. They have no clue and won't even take my money to even figure out what the heck is wrong.

They thought that maybe I need a New ECU because when we took the air box out to put the snorkel in we undid the ECU bracket and now its kinda just hanging where the air box used to be. I feel that the combination of MUD, Water, and rattling around freely may have messed it up. But again I'm not a mechanic and I am NOT mechanically inclined at all.

Where should I go from here? What should I do or test next??

Thank you,

Rich

Forgot to mention the instrument cluster gauges are Unresponsive the vehicle has electricity I can play the radio but None the the battery or oil pressure gauges are responsive this started Wednesday.

Back