• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OktoberFest Elbe Hills: 10/26

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who: More the merrier!
What: Day trip to Elbe to cover some ground, and run some fun trails.
When: Saturday, October 26
Where: Elbe Hills. Lets shoot to meet up around 9:30 at the staging area (outside the campground), and be heading out to the trails by 10:00.

Directions:
NWJeepn.com said:
From Elbe, drive east on Hwy 706 6.15 miles and turn left immediately after crossing the railroad tracks. The road will bear to the left after .5 miles, continue to the first fork in the road and keep to the right, proceeding up hill. At the second fork in the road, keep right again, and continue up hill. At 3.07 mile from the main road will be another fork, keep to the left here and you can access several of the trail off of this road, however explore the area as there are many trails around here. From the last fork if you drive about .1 mile then turn left, then immediately right you will be at the entrance of the campground. There is a nice covered meeting area in the campground with a large stone fireplace.

These directions are a bit confusing. After going through the town of Elbe, the "Left Turn" to look for is just after a church type building on the right hand side. A quick google map check, and I believe this road is 278th Ave E.

As for vehicle requirements, I'd recommend a minimum of 31's and a locker. Elbe has a pretty big reputation for body damage, so be forewarned. You will also need a Washington State Discover Pass. Elbe Hills uses state land, which means a pass is required. I believe they are $35 for a year, or a day pass is also available for $5.

As for which trails we're going to run. I think we'll start with the basics working our way up to the rock pit. At that point if conditions are good, and the rigs are doing good, I'd consider checking out the Busy too. Basically, we'll just wing it NWC style.

3C962007-D788-4D64-A7AF-0DB94193753A-4950-000005CEADB86973.jpg

Post up if you're in. If any local PDX'rs want to tag along we can convoy from, Woodland. Elbe is just over two hours north.

Most likely out. Got signed up for some family stuff before I head back over to China. Maybe I can head up for the day on Sat.

Wish I could go guys, but the XJ is just not trail ready still.
Looking forward to the pics and trip reports next week though.

I think my China trip is being postponed a week or two so it is very likely that I come out for the day. Gonna change out some shocks tonight and pack her up. Should see you in the AM.

Jeep is packed. I'm not sure why I go through the hassle of yarding everything out of the Jeep after every trip, just to put it all back in the following week.

Regardless, the Gresham Boyz and I are shooting to be on the road around 7ish.
Wish I could go guys, but the XJ is just not trail ready still.
Looking forward to the pics and trip reports next week though.
What could possibly be keeping you off the trail for three months? :D

Back