• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar bracket

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I am just about to install my new RE 3.5" SF. I am wondering if i will need a Trackbar relocation bracket. I don't have the cash currently for an adj. tracbar. If i do need one where is the best place to purchase one? Thanks, NICK

At 3.5" of lift the axle will be off center a small amount but you can still have it aligned and make it work just fine for the period of time it takes for you to purchase a adj track bar. Waiting the getting the adj track bar is a much better solution than relocating the stock track bar.

Michael

Similar Question?

I have a similar question, but I'm in a different situation. I have already installed a Pro Comp 3" lift on my 99 Cherokee. I'm about to install TJ 4" coils up front and RE 3.5" Leaf Packs in the rear. My question is: my Pro Comp kit came with a trackbar relocation brackett, but since I'm going higher do I need a new trackbar and/or pitman arm?

I don't think the TJ coils will give you 4" of lift. Some people use stock TJ coils t drop there xj/mj around two inches. My guess is that they aren't going to give you any more lift than your current coils.

This could be a little more of a problem than some people are stating. With 3.5" of lift you will need to move your trackbar. It needs to be moved closer to the driverside. You can do this by drilling a new hole next to the existing one. It should give you a little over an inch or so. This may be enough. One of the problems you may have is you front axle hitting your exhaust if you don't move it. Even with the new hole you may have to dent your exhaust so the u joint on the front axle clears.

Curt

Back