• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crank but no start hrlper

xj_redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Alright for the past 3 days ive been working on my 99 jeep cherokee 4.0 4x4 auto. Ive replaced cps, tps, iac, map sensor, both 02 sensors, cam sensor, speed sensor, icm, pcm, all ground cleaned and 4 gauge wire replacement, all possitives cleaned and 4gauge wiire replacement, both battery terminals, coil, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, all relays are brand new, all fuses are brand new, ripped the wiring harness out and check all wires for continuity.then the only sensor i didnt replace was the water temp sensor. In my checking of wires i found out the brown and yellow wire leads from the water temp sensor to the crank sensor. Replaced water temp sensor and wammo it starts and purrs beautifully.

Figured if anyone is having the same problem and is stuck it might help ya im 700$ in and got it fixed hope it helped yall

Sorry cheep phone doesnt work well haha

It's nothing most everybody on the planet hasn't done at one time or the other, a typo or misspelling.

Much of my typing is guess work, I've got cataracts. Even with spell checker, that is often far from perfect, I can't really see the difference in many letters, no matter how big they are.

Maybe Bigalpha could give me some advice, maybe I should just give up trying.

After he gets through running off all the lesser individuals, he could end up top dog in an empty room. LOL

1. I, too, am not sure of what hrlper stands for.

2. First, YOU have to determine the missing factor: fuel mixture, spark, compression, ignition. Once you have determined what is missing OR not occurring at the right time we can help you fix the problem. Do you have fuel? Do you have fuel in sufficient volume? Do you have sufficient fuel pressure? Are the injectors receiving a firing impulse? Do you have spark? Is it a hot, blue/white "snappy" spark? Compression in all cylinders? Fuel mixture entering cylinders on intake stroke?

Good luck. Post up what you find.

Back