• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing stock leafs question

truckeejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hello - So I am currently replacing my original stock leafs with the Dorman HD stock height leafs. I also have a set of the moog cc782 coils going in. This I believe is an "UpCountry" setup to replace my old "standard" setup. I have read that the UpCountry Jeeps didn't come with a rear sway bar? I am wondering, should I remove mine then, and leave it off? Will it not fit any more? Do I need it? My Jeep is my DD use it on the street every day. Doesn't do any heavy wheeling just a lotta snow and ice drivng in winter and fire roads and rutted/dirt roads in summer for camping and fishing.. Should I remove it? Any other tips for this spring swap? Will I need a spacer up front as well? I think I have all the parts now. Thx Y'all. 1991 XJ Sport 5speed 4.0. - TJ

its a pretty common feeling around here that the rear sway bar on the XJ is completely useless, and some say it may even handle worse with it on than off.

toss it and don't worry about it.

Back