• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

left blinker = flashers... can i replace?

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
'97 XJ

i have an intermittent problem with my turn signal. the right work properly. but sometimes when i use the left blinker, the flashers come on. i have narrowed it down something in the column... i can wiggle the lever and get it to be do/not do the symptoms described.

i guess i really just need to know what the technical term for the turn signal module thing is before i go to the junk yard. this is assuming that i can replace just the turn signal lever and not the whole column.

also, what years are compatible? '97 up?

Buy a new one. Check out the price for one first. You could end up with the same problem. Plus off the top of my head i can't think of the name of it.

Sorry.

It should be solved by replacing that little blinker box under the dash. (cant remember the technical name off the top of my head) If that does not solve the problem then try replacing the while blinker lever. You should be able to find them cheap or even free off the internet or at junk yards.

Back