• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding aftermarket temperature gauge

4jeep4

NAXJA Forum User
I don't have gauges in my Jeep and want to add an aftermarket temp gauge.

Before I changed my head I installed on on the back of the head towards the firewall. My new head still has a plug there but when I removed it I found it to be a lot smaller in diameter compared to my stock one. The probe for the sensor will not fit into the hole.

For options I was thinking of putting it in the thermostat factory sensor, but does that need to stay plugged in for other reasons? I also looked for the plug in the side of the block but that seams like a pain to get to.

Any simple solutions that can get this done with out ordering parts?

Thanks!!

If I need to keep the factory sensor, coming off the thermostat, plugged in, can I use some brass fittings to make a "T" and use both sensors?

Why don't you just swap an instrument cluster with gauges from a same (or similar) year Jeep. Easy, plug n' play

Year?

The sensor in the tstat feeds temp info to the CPM so it must remain in place.

How "plug 'n' play" the replacement gauge cluster is varies by year but I agree 100% with that approach. Counting the work and dollars involved, I consider it to be one of the best things I have done to my '93.

Yeah its a 2000 sorry. Yeah thats my plan I actually have one ordered its just going to take a week to get to me and I didn't like driving even a week with out a gauge after spending lots of time and money (for me) putting a new head on. :) thanks!

I'm starting to feel like a broken record about this, but I'm a big fan of Torque and a bluetooth obd adapter for things like this. Like $25 for the app and an adapter, know what the engine is doing, blah blah blah. Just a thought.

I'm starting to feel like a broken record about this, but I'm a big fan of Torque and a bluetooth obd adapter for things like this. Like $25 for the app and an adapter, know what the engine is doing, blah blah blah. Just a thought.

Yeah I have been trying this out as well. It doesn't seem to work very well on my Samsung phone though. Its very glitchy. Thats just been my experience.

Back