• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swap Meet

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
We all have parts cluttering up our garages and sideyards.

I suggest having a Moab "Swap Meet"

In your chapter classified forum start a thread entitled "Moab Swap Meet".

List in it things you would be willing to bring out to Moab and maybe where you are staying in Moab.

I like the idea
However, would it not be more functional to have a subforum in this section?
I cant speak for all the chapters, but for me, if I am buying/selling within my chapter, transport can usually be arranged through more local means. It is unlikely that I would haul a part to moab, to get it back to someone a couple hours from me.
Just a thought

Post a link to your for sale thread here.

Stephan,

In past events I have inquired several times to see if there was interest in a Swap Meet.
I have brought a few items with me, but end up bringing them home due to lack of interest during the event.

They way I see this working is post up what you have for sale like I described above, then the other FF attendees can look at your for sale thread and say yeah I'll buy such and such from you. You, the seller then bring the item to Moab. Payment can be via Paypal or face to face in Moab.

I was thinking about dragging a couple of HP60's out with me. I know you western guys have a bitch of a time finding them and pay $1000-1500. I've gotten my hands on a few 78/79's before and can easily get 80's version no problem. Gotta love the northeast for axles.

Each chapter could have its own swap meet thread instead of individuals. Give us one link to click per chapter or this might get crazy.

mac 'swap it' gyvr

IMO it would be easier and less confusing to add a Classified section to the Moab event

:rtm:

Ill sleep on it and make a decision tonight.

mac 'been working since 10pm est' gyvr

Back