• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar bracket hitting coil spring perch?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I've noticed that my rugged ridge double shear track bar and mount are hitting my coil spring perch on my axle
9a9ajumu.jpg

5equba4y.jpg

As you can see, the back part of the track bar bracket is hitting the corner of my perch. What can I do to fix this? Is it as easy as just bump stopping or can I cut it for clearance? Want to fix this as soon as possible before it digs to deep on either bracket.
97'/3" lift/31"s/ stock suspensions minus rugged ridge track bar.

Offset the axle slightly to the drivers side, trim one or both offending parts, or add some bumpstop.

Don't worry, it will make all the room it needs, eventually...

Offset the axle slightly to the drivers side, trim one or both offending parts, or add some bumpstop.

Axle is centered so I don't want to mess that up, but I just wanted to get a confirmation if bump stopping would be a better choice over cutting or if cutting wont destroy any integrity to the track bar bracket or coil perch.

just cut the corner off the perch, or grind it down

You already have the stock bump stops right? So now it is going through normal travel and it hits. Extending your bump stops will hinder you normal travel. So you can grind and modify, put extended bump stops, but it all comes down to you having a mount that is to big for a stock XJ.

How do you have a 3 inch lift with stock suspension?
I say, cut for clearance.

Compress the drivers side, see how much overlap there is between the two brackets. See how much more up travel there is to gain. My first thought is to cut the spring pad off at a 45 and gusset it back with similar light weight material.

I think this has been way overlooked. You can spare a half of an inch on the coil mount's corner.

I say its time for a little more lift Larry....you're due now anyways with the new 31's.
Some cheap shackles for the rear and a couple craigslist spacers fro the front (cuz I know you're on a pretty tight budget) ...and you're set. You'd prob be able to do it all for about $150 or less.
Otherwise, just get out a trusty file or grinder, and hit the corners a bit....you could also trim the very front of that coil bucket with no worries what so ever.
What ever you do trimming wise, hit it with a little paint afterwards to ward off rust.

Back