• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

External Fuel Pump for H.O. 1991

DeathValleyPaul

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone sucessfully tried running an external fuel pump while leaving a dead pump inside the tank??
Please answer if you actually have tried this. We all have theories!

I would think you'd be fighting the internals of the dead pump, doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Maybe take the pump out and figure a way to run a hose from the top of the assembly to the bottom - it's already a rubber hose from the assembly to the pump itself anyway (on the early models anyway, not sure about the 97+).

I would think you'd be fighting the internals of the dead pump, doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Maybe take the pump out and figure a way to run a hose from the top of the assembly to the bottom - it's already a rubber hose from the assembly to the pump itself anyway (on the early models anyway, not sure about the 97+).

Agree.

It would be like drinking a soda through a straw, with someone pinching the straw closed with pliers.

Back