• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ ball joints (quick double check and question)

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
im in the process of finishing up my WJ knuckle/D44 outer swap. time to start bolting things together. just wanted to double check that these are the correct BJs to run. im going with the petty cash proven synergy BJs...

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-D30-D44-D50-D60-Heavy-Duty-Front-Ball-Joint-Sets-p-26182.html

part number: PPM-8009-12

and just for a teaser ;)

375651_520247021363052_228913817_n.jpg

PPM-8009-12 is the one we are running yes.

Give me more info on that knuckle/spindle setup!

I used spicer WJ ball joints, as long as they are the Super 30 ball joints, you should be golden. Same ball joints used in a JK.

how important is it to use the special synergy grease with their BJs?

PPM-8009-12 is the one we are running yes.

Give me more info on that knuckle/spindle setup!
ill PM you some info cal.

I used spicer WJ ball joints, as long as they are the Super 30 ball joints, you should be golden. Same ball joints used in a JK.
i priced spicers from many local parts stores, and they always came out to being just as much (if not more) than the synergy units. i think ill go with something thats been proven to be petty cash proof.

I ran the spicers on my previous XJ that we modeled this front end off of.

They just didn't hold up. Tried the Moogs, same thing.. got no more than 3-4 runs out of each and they'd fit like a dick in a shirt sleeve.

I use whatever grease happens to be in the grease gun.

It happens thats usually the same grease CTM provides, which is probably what Synergy provides too.. but I'd never have given the choice of any random grease a second thought on the balljoints.

I only buy Lucas Marine Grease for my gun, works great on everything I lube.....even those pesky, sqeaky T&T Y Link arm bushings. Like Cal, haven't had great luck with Moog BJ's.

I only buy Lucas Marine Grease for my gun, works great on everything I lube.

absolutely! it works great on ujoints too, it's sticky enough that it won't get thrown out of the joint when it rotates at high RPMs, and it's not water soluble. A rep from Lucas came into my store and put a spade bit in the end of a drill, stuck it in the grease tube, then stuck it under water and started the drill at full speed, ran it for a full minute and not a single bit of the grease was flung off.

if you like playing in wet stuff or mud, it's definitely one of the best things you can use to lube your under bits. :D

Back