• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lube Locker Torque Specs.

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
The Lube Locker came with a torque sequence that seemed odd to me. I usually torque evenly by starting one one capscrew and then skipping every two capscrews until going around the pumpkin three times.

Lube locker recommends starting at the top and working out from center to the drivers side and then out to the passenger side.

Thoughts on this?

2000XJ wC8.25"

I alternate top to bottom from the center out......never had a leaker with the lube locker.

That's a bit odd but not so far off from the usual inwards-out pattern. I'd be going top left to bottom right, top right bottom left from the center outwards. But that's just me.
If you tighten them in 2 passes, finger tight w/ socket & then torque all evenly, I doubt you'll have any trouble however you do it.

I start at the bottom and work my way up from side to side....
Be advised that their torque specs will snap off the bolts......25 ft lbs is enough...maybe too much.Just be even all the way around.

I don't measure torque on diff bolts, I use a stubby 3/8 ratchet and crank them snug. In 30+ years, I've never had one come loose or leak.

i want to say their torque specs where so high that I did snap off a bolt or two, so I just got em snug and it never leaked.

They probably were under the impression everyone had grade 12.9 diff cover hardware or some such silliness.

I have the LL's and a RuffStuff cover on my 8.25. The stock hardware is grade 5 5/16-18 stuff. The RuffStuff cover comes with countersunk bolts with allen key, you will never get those to 35ftlbs with out rounding them out! I just snug them down good and all is well.

Lube Locker on both housings here - did on their way and the other the normal way; no issues from either one..

Back