• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water proofing bottom end?

ZenDragon

NAXJA Forum User
I know the alternator is a little low, and would need to be relocated, and of course there is the obvious intake problem. Otherwise, is it at all necessary to do any additional waterproofing to the bottom end of the rig for fording water that may be a little deeper than the floor board? Any holes that need to be filled, electrical components that should be sealed, etc? I'm pretty sure the seals on the doors are alright... anything less obvious? Just trying to think of little things I can do while waiting for the cash for the next big project lol!

Use some dielectric grease in every connector. Don't just sit in the water either. Water will go by the seals in everything and contaminate the oils. I an doorless and rhino lined my interior and have no floor drain plugs installed so I usually get wet anything past the floor anyways. But check your factory floor drain plugs and make sure they are intact, door seals, and any cable or wire grommet that leaves toward the floor. Stream type crossings don't hurt the alternator to to bad. It's the mud and nasty sediment in the still water you really have to look out for.

Back