• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Parking...

High2by

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I was reading on Slickrock's website and ran across this...

http://www.slickrockcampground.com/policies.html

More specifically this.

[SIZE=+1]Please be advised that the overflow parking lot next door belonging to the Moab Adventure Center is no longer available for trailer parking. If making reservations for Jeep Safari, Car Show or labor day weekend. Please make other arrangements for trailer parking as our space is rather limited.[/SIZE]

I know there will be alot of trailers there, including mine, so will this cause any issues?

Yes...I think it might. I was reading this earlier and was going to say something but I forgot about it. Slickrock's trailer parking is VERY limited.

For those of us with trucks...not motorhomes...its less of an issue. Last time I had a forty foot site, plenty long enough to park the truck with trailer and the jeep squeezed in sideways. If anyone had complained about me hanging out a bit I would have had to park the jeep on the trailer every night but no one did.

For those of us with trucks...not motorhomes...its less of an issue. Last time I had a forty foot site, plenty long enough to park the truck with trailer and the jeep squeezed in sideways. If anyone had complained about me hanging out a bit I would have had to park the jeep on the trailer every night but no one did.

I used to pull my trailer behind my dads 36 ft motor home. Still wasn't an issue. It's the tent and cabin guys that hurt for parking.

Anyone local to moab that might have a place we could set up for parking trailers for the week that is secure?

mac 'probably going to have a 40ft trailer that I need to park somewhere' gyvr

I have reserved cabins 1 and 2. In an effort to reduce costs 3 of us are looking to tow out on the same trailer. I enjoyed the cabins last time and its seems to be a savings to combine forces.

mac 'at least it sounds good on paper' gyvr

I've got cabin #4 so that's why I was wondering. I'm just pulling a 18' foot trailer but I wanted to make sure I'd have a place for it.

RedHeep has cabin 3 so its sounds like an East Coast party on the front end of the cabins!

mac 'can't wait...but not ready' gyvr

We stayed at the other campground last time because it was free. I don't remember anything about slickrock other than visiting at nighttime.

Cabin # 11 for us.

Call m4o. I hauled a dude back to town on my trailer because his was parked at m4o and locked up for the night. When I lived in moab I left the jeep on the trailer with the keys in the ignition and the trailer unlocked. It is a pretty safe place. I might be able to come up with a spot for a couple trailers...

Back