• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NApa gold filter sale 70% off: 6/28-29

You're welcome.

I'm going down there in awhile and buy some vacuum lines at 20% off. I'll take the filter coupon and report back. Any flak, and it gives me a week to raise hell:piratefla

why would you take the filter coupon down there? we don't start this promotion till the 28th ;)

also, this is 70% off LIST price (commonly called MSRP) so don't expect the price to be 70% off the normal every day low price. just a heads up from your friendly neighborhood NAPA parts monkey :wave1:

Last edited:
Ok Grimm. Well, I didn't know if each locally owned store honors all coupons.

What is the list for a 1515 filter?

I really try to buy NAPA, but they need to get with the program on some things. They showed a 1515 filter "at the warehouse" when I was ready to change my oil. Went to O'Reilleys and got a Wix 51515 off the shelf.

that's odd that they had to order in a 1515 that's a pretty common filter for a ford or a chrysler. list price is $11.50 according to my computer, I have a shop login setup so I can check prices and stock when i'm not at work.

all of napa's filters are made by WIX even the cheap ones, used to be you could only get them from us but then the contract with napa expired and oreilys snuck in and started selling them too.

I agree with you on the get with the program thing, the problem is NAPA is trying to "get with the program" by switching to the same cheap chinese made shit everyone else sells. used to be you go to NAPA to get a made in USA top of the line part. now, they're putting chinese made crap in a US made box and still trying to get the preemo NAPA price for it. it's killing my business.

Thanks Grimm. That is the WRONG program to get on! I gladly pay more for service and quality parts.

I didn't call or go by the store for the filter. Just saw "warehouse" and detoured to O Reilleys. Counter people were beyond pitiful at O Reilleys.

Thanks Grimm.
no problem :D

Counter people were beyond pitiful at O Reilleys.

*most* (read: not ALL) NAPA stores require their employees to have some sort of automotive background, my store, being a franchise, gets to set their own requirements - the first of which is a minimum of 1 ASE certification plus the ASE parts professional certification. this keeps the tards off the counter. as far as I know orielys and the like don't have this requirement and I cringe when I have to get something done on a sunday and end up at autozone talking to someone who has no idea what the part I'm asking for is... but that's a looooooong argument for another thread. I know there are least a few autozone and oriellys employees in this club and they seem to know their stuff so you can't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

the bottom line is find a store with a guy behind the counter who knows what he's doing and takes care of you, and stick with them. a good guy behind the counter is well worth spending a couple bucks more if you get the right part the first time. :cheers:

that's odd that they had to order in a 1515 that's a pretty common filter for a ford or a chrysler. list price is $11.50 according to my computer, I have a shop login setup so I can check prices and stock when i'm not at work.

all of napa's filters are made by WIX even the cheap ones, used to be you could only get them from us but then the contract with napa expired and oreilys snuck in and started selling them too.

I agree with you on the get with the program thing, the problem is NAPA is trying to "get with the program" by switching to the same cheap chinese made shit everyone else sells. used to be you go to NAPA to get a made in USA top of the line part. now, they're putting chinese made crap in a US made box and still trying to get the preemo NAPA price for it. it's killing my business.

Exactly the same sentiments expressed by my local Napa, Grimm. A shame.

I used to not mind paying the napa price for a quality part
now, there is little poinnt to making a trip there dfor the same c
ina/india stuff available anywhere else,

Rockauto ftw, if you have time to wait

Carquest filters also, are made by Wix.

I'm pretty damn lucky, not only does the store near me still have paper catalogs, one of the guys was a Jeep mechanic for 10 years. :)

I wonder if we could all buy from Grimm Jeepers Napa, and pick up at our local store?

Let us know Grimm if that even makes sense. I guess after the second pick up, it might not go over so well.

But I would love to give my business to a guy who cares.

haha while i would appreciate the business it would be impossible unless you wanted me to start shipping filters all over the US.

thanks though :wave1:

CARQUEST Auto Parts # 1964
12200 W 52ND AVE
WHEAT RIDGE, CO 80033

Just two blocks East of Ward Rd on 52nd.

I forget the guy's name. He is kinda weathered, owns a Jeep built by Ford. :)

Back