• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 sending unit repair

JeEpXjSaM

NAXJA Forum User
This was my problem the spot welds on my tank baffle broke. allowing the baffle to move and wallow out the holes in the cover. this is what i started with

cover plate ready for welding

the piece that holds the lines

where it goes

id better clean those lines

fuel gauge sending unit cover off

line holder and first line tacked

top veiw

first line done, now lining up the second one

inside and top done

wiring, fuel pump, and float assm. reinstalled

painted for rust prevention

http://s380.photobucket.com/user/goth_man_sams/media/Sending Unit Repair/DSC00022.jpg.html

for any one that asks why i didn't just buy a new one? i wasn't gonna send almost a $100 for the whole thing(no one sold it without the fp mines like 6 months old) This was much cheaper and nothing got throw away that was still good.

FINE JOB, SIR!

Respect for "old school" fixing, instead of "new school" parts-swapping!

FINE JOB, SIR!

Respect for "old school" fixing, instead of "new school" parts-swapping!

thank you sir. i am only 21, but i was raised not to be wasteful and try to fix it first then if you can't then get a new one. Oh the reason i did this was because when i fill my 20 gallon tank full($75 for mid grade:eek:) it would leak gas for 2 days. any one else have problems with the 20 gallon tank baffle breaking loose and then breaking the sending unit loose?

UPDATE 07/08/13
started leaking at the weld while running.(must have burned a hole in the steel line) took it out rewelded it works great now

Back