• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lifting a 2wd xj

tide-xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone I have a 2001 2wd xj I'm looking iont lifting it 3in just looking for advice I'm new to this whole forum thing I would also like to get a few more hp for as cheap as possible the lift is mostly for looks would I need an sye?

is it just a pavement pounder? i assume so, georgia doesnt have much desert racing... lol. any of the box lifts will work just fine. if you got the dough to get a little carried away with the lift, check out the jeepspeed forum.

you dont have a transfer case to install an SYE onto, so no, you dont need one. lol. even if you did, 3" shouldnt be enough lift to cause vibration issue. your drive shaft should be even longer, i doubt youll need to mess with it.

My only advice is use a lift that uses rubber bushings. It'll ride better. Hell I wouldn't even be afraid to use a kit that doesn't replace the lower control arms at that height on a DD only rig. Maybe a set of JCS adjustable spacers, an add a leaf, and some shackle relocators out back.

2wd is a lot easier to lift, no sye to worry about. At that height this is a real easy lift... If this is your first time lifting an xj, look around at build threads, the 2 and 4wd models use the same suspension design to simplify the assembly/service process.

Yea its my dd just want it to sit a little higher with bigger tires. Any advice on a lift kit I've been looking at a 3in rough country lift

I think Rubicon Express makes a great lift. Just my $.02 but any lift with adjustable control arms should be sufficient for what you are looking to get out your heep.

Awesome thanks y'all this forum thing is starting to pay off! Any advice on cheap and easy horsepower gains I just put a single chamber exhaust on souds pretty decent! Just looking for some simple power gains. Would a cam be stupid?

I'd recommend old man emu for a 3". I would not do a cam, Alot of aftermarket cams have narrower lobes and die at about 10K. Your money would go further with regearing for felt power.

You have 3.55s in the axle now. Unless you were going to eventually use larger tires, I wouldn't really recommend anything lower(numerically higher) than 3.73s. Do you have a Trac-Loc? If not, a diff upgrade would be worthwhile and would be the time to do a slight re-gear.

Back