• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedi-Sleeve 99187 XJ D44

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Cut the bearings off my axleshafts yesterday, noticed one is pretty well worn where the seal rides. Did some searching and see part#99187 is correct for the XJ44.

SKF brand sleeves seem to be in the $33 range, and the CR brand at about $15. Neither look to include a new seal... so why the large price difference?

I have new bearings, seals and retainers. Is it correct to use the same seals with addition of the sleeve or does it take an oversize seal?

Anyone had problems with the cheaper CR brand sleeves?

Yes you use the same size seal when using the speedi-sleeve. No, the speedi-sleeve kit does not include a seal. I have used these in industrial applications years ago. As far as pricing, maybe one also includes an installation tool?

Good thought Al, but it appears both come with installation tool according to pics. I see the SKF is made from stainless steel.. no mention of the CR.

Think i'll opt for the CR's..

They both should be stainless. It wouldn't surprise if they both were made by the same shop, just packaged for different vendors, and different distributor markups.

Back