• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2150cfm electric fan?

5150caz

NAXJA Forum User
I have a/c in my jeep and every time im on the trail i cant use it because it gets to hot. Highway and around town driving is fine, so i was looking at a way to get more air pulling through the radiator and a/c condensor and i came across this 12in fan. My question is has anyone herd of this company and do you really think it pulls that much. My hood is louvered and I have the zj fan clutch, if this really pulls that much air do you think that would help or make much of a difference?

check you have clearance for a 3-1/8" deep fan in your engine bay.

having not enough cooling at low speed (crawling) only, I would imagine the improvement is required in the variable speed cooling dept (clutch fan, radiator & pump)..my 0.02

Whats too hot? is it over heating? Is your factory electric fan coming on with the AC like it should be?

I have the factory fan on a switch so i turn it on when offroading or traffic and as far as temp, it runs about 195 and thats fine but when I turn on the a/c and I am not moving very fast I can watch the temp rise and it doesnt stop unless i turn off the a/c and I normally do when it hits around 220-230 and it doesnt take long to get up that far. Also radiator is only about 2 years old and fan clutch and water pump are only 6 months old so I dont think it is that.

something is going on in your cooling system. Even though its relatively new I would check your radiator and hoses for proper flow and pressure, including the cap. Make sure your clutch is working. Throwing a bigger fan on is just masking the real problem and most likely wont fix it for long.

its probably because when you rewired your stock efan to a switch, it no longer comes on when its supposed to with the a/c. put the wiring back to normal and I bet it fixes the problem. if the rest of your cooling is in good condition, there is no reason to put the fan on a manual switch.

Check your radiator. It's possible to partially plug a new radiator in a couple of years if the engine didn't get flushed when the new radiator went in. I know this from experience. When the rest of the cooling system components are in good working condition and the XJ still gets hot, it's almost always the radiator.

You are thinking of replacing the factory electric with the Derale right? That might help but what will do you better is to get the rest of the cooling system in top shape and use either a fixed flex fan or a heavy duty clutch unit with the stock steel fan. The stock cooling system works great when all of the parts are functioning properly. I have yet to see an electric setup cool better than a properly functioning stock system unless you are talking expensive radiators and spal fans etc.

Back