• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official 30th Aniv. Event Trail Run Discussion thread

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
The much awaited, anxiously anticipated, occasionally duplicated draft trail list is here! :clap: See pdf attachment below.

Attendee input is welcome and expected, as are volunteers for Trail Leaders.

Leaders will benefit from the worship, adoration and praise by their peers, (as well as their Trail Fee paid for by NAXJA) for their willingness to step up and lead a trail/trails during the event.

This list is designed to be a work-in-progress and trails will be added as interest evolves and Leaders commit. At some point in the near future, we will need to finalize the trails and submit the list to the BLM for event approval.

Volunteers who want to lead trails should PM me with your given name, cell phone number, trail name and date that you would like to lead.

TIA

Attachments

• NAXJA 2013 30th Anniv Event Trail Runs R1.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 207
Thanks for getting this going!

is there going to be a guide/rating type deal as far as difficult for us moab n00bs?

I know its too early for ths to happen, just something to think about

Forgot, thanks for the reminder.

Trail rating scale, compliments of Red Rock 4 Wheelers.
http://www.rr4w.com/trails.cfm

Also, see the Learn more about the Fall Fling trails sticky thread above.

Required Equipment for Event Participation
NAXJA VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
NAXJA requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
NAXJA Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
NAXJA expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event.
NAXJA is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.

Equipment List
Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
First aid kit
Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle.
Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
D-Rings
Shackle/Clevis
20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
Secured battery (no bungee cords)

Last edited:
Yes, the dinner is Friday night and once we have a time nailed down, start times will be adjusted to ensure trails are completed in time.

I have a slightly dumb question. I don't currently have a spare tire or hi lift for my XJ and I wont have either one until December. Does this mean I can't participate?

I have a slightly dumb question. I don't currently have a spare tire or hi lift for my XJ and I wont have either one until December. Does this mean I can't participate?
naxja rules require a spare.

Not sure what size tires you run but check your local classifieds and tire shops. The rules doesn't say it has to be a great tire. Find some old piece of crap and a stock wheel. It's all you need.

naxja rules require a spare.

Not sure what size tires you run but check your local classifieds and tire shops. The rules doesn't say it has to be a great tire. Find some old piece of crap and a stock wheel. It's all you need.

I got my spare 33 for about $20 and a free rim from members here. Les schwab even mounted it for free :)

Descent tire and rim too.

Pritchett is the only one that has a hard cap. I'd suggest checking the night before to see who is signed up for trails if you want an easy no-traffic day.

Not totally true. Our BLM permit only allows so many rigs on trails. Each trail is different. We seldom have enough rigs to reach that limit though. It's based on EJS numbers.

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere else, but I didn't see it in this thread; do we post up now for trails that we are interested in running or is the sign up at the event in person?

I want to run Poison Spider Mesa on the 10th and Hell's Revenge on the 11th.

Historically, trails have had a max limit of 20 rigs total, including Leader and Tailgunner. We will not be running multiple groups on the same trail, on the same day.

Trail congestion is always a consideration and where there are trails that may have some overlap or share entry or exit points, start times will be adjusted and staggared accordingly.

Trails with a high level of difficulty are limited to 10.....or less.

We don't currently have the provisions for a web portal to sign up for specific trails. This will take place at the event.

Re: Re: Official 30th Aniv. Event Trail Run Discussion thread

Historically, trails have had a max limit of 20 rigs total, including Leader and Tailgunner. We will not be running multiple groups on the same trail, on the same day.

Trail congestion is always a consideration and where there are trails that may have some overlap or share entry or exit points, start times will be adjusted and staggared accordingly.

Trails with a high level of difficulty are limited to 10.....or less.

We don't currently have the provisions for a web portal to sign up for specific trails. This will take place at the event.

Why not make a Google doc with web form for people to fill out. Then yo start the event with a spreadsheet of data.

One issue is you have folks who sign up and change plans at the last minute or never even go to the event.

^This

mac 'on site sign up' gyvr

Just booked my campsite in Needles for sat the 12th, looks like i'll run Elephant Hill with the group as far as Devils Kitchen.

Anyone interested in a day run of White Rim on the 10th? I have to scratch that itch..

That trail's a 110 mile-long itch. You can do it in a day on a mountain bike a lot better than you can do it in a XJ or ZJ. Ask Doug. Or resign yourself to start before daylight and get back late, like 11:00 PM.

Back