• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 PCM in '00 XJ

macidgit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I just installed a 4.7 ATK stroker in my '00 XJ. I'm thinking I'm better off reverting to a single cat exhaust design ala '99's and earlier.

Does anyone know what complications exist in swapping in an earlier '99 PCM in place of the '00's? For example, I'd be eliminating the two precat O2 sensors, which the '99 doesn't use. Any other thoughts or problem areas?

Thanks for any input.

Be careful with this topic. Its been discussed and always ends up in a heated discussion on whether or not its legal to talk about removing federal emissions equipment. Is this a vehicle that will only see off road use?

Won't work if your 4.7ltr is using the coil on plug ignition. You do know there is a Fed emissions ECM for the non Cally XJs that don't have the precats dont you?

I just installed a 4.7 ATK stroker in my '00 XJ. I'm thinking I'm better off reverting to a single cat exhaust design ala '99's and earlier.

Does anyone know what complications exist in swapping in an earlier '99 PCM in place of the '00's? For example, I'd be eliminating the two precat O2 sensors, which the '99 doesn't use. Any other thoughts or problem areas?

Thanks for any input.

This vehicle is for off-road use only.
I saw the disclaimer. I swear.

* Some customers may get their dicks ripped off.

Thanks for any input.

no....very different systems, wont run coil on plug. why do you want to swap it in the first place? it doesnt have a downstream 02 in the large cat, you can eliminate that in the system and just run the individual pre-cats.

Our 2000 runs great without the large main cat and i'll just use whats in there when it gets more oomph...my buddy has built screaming strokers running the stock 2000+ engine management

Thanks everyone. Good input.

I didn't realize there was a separate PCM for '00's w/o precats. That sounds like the best approach for my system, since I don't live in CA.

Does anyone know the PCM# for the 49-state emissions 2000 XJ's?

Back