• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone heard of/tried Brembo pads??

Those ones are from Europe. Ship would be a not worth it. Black Magic pads are what I would go with.
Brembo does make good stuff tho.

DP ftl

Last edited:
I hear a lot about the black magic pads, and for $125 they damn well better be good. That's more than I want to spend on the xj's mediocre brake system though. I need something decent to hold me over while I figure out a big brake kit. Either ram 2500 or srt8 calipers. I went ahead and ordered the pads, came out to $80 shipped from across the pond which still looks cheaper than some EBC yellows. I'll post back when they get here.

The Black Magic pads are some of the best I've ever used. I have zero experience w/ the Brembo pads, but I know they make great brake components. Wish I could afford one of their 4-piston upgrades for my '01XJ.

Have a set of BM pads/rotors on my '01XJ and my wifes '03KJ. The only 'downside' is they create a LOT of brake dust... but that's just being nit-picky.

I'd love to see a set of srt8 calipers/brakes on a Cherokee. :)

Gojeep did it. I'm going to message him and see if he has some more info. He posted pics on a srt8 forum but the host is expired. New, those calipers are BREAD, but centric makes reman ones for about $200.

I am currently running carquest pads/rotors. Usually run Napa premium. I would guess they are about the same in comparison.

Gojeep did it. I'm going to message him and see if he has some more info. He posted pics on a srt8 forum but the host is expired. New, those calipers are BREAD, but centric makes reman ones for about $200.

I haven't been to Gojeeps site in a while... If you do get some details and pics f/him please post up. Thanks.

I bought some Hawk HPS pads for the XJ which are currently about $60 on Amazon. I have not actually installed them yet, but have had very good results with these pads on a couple other vehicles I have owned. They do seem to create a bit more dust than OEM pads but nothing that doesn't wash off, and the increase in stopping power is well worth it.

If anyone needs Brembos, I have a good connection here in SoCal.

Can you get the Brembo 'blank' rotors? I assume if they even still sell those they're probably not made in Italy anymore, but maybe the quality is still better than something from the parts store...

Not sure how you plan on getting his attention.

I'm a member on "AusJeepOffroad" and he has a build thread in the "build ups" on there and he updates it weekly. I'd message him on that website, i'm sure he would see it.

^Thanks for the tip kingkong. He pops in here about every time a solar eclipse lands on a leap year.

As for the dust, I really could care less. We have an automated car wash at work that I take my heep through 3+ times a week lol.

The whole brembo thing started after I found some rear pads on rock auto. I was buying parts for my zj/explorer/abs/disc/d44 swap and found a pair of brembos on wholesale closeout for $14. I figure shoot, why not. Then I started thinking hmm I wonder if they make fronts as well.

I bought some Hawk HPS pads for the XJ which are currently about $60 on Amazon. I have not actually installed them yet, but have had very good results with these pads on a couple other vehicles I have owned. They do seem to create a bit more dust than OEM pads but nothing that doesn't wash off, and the increase in stopping power is well worth it.

Can you get the Brembo 'blank' rotors? I assume if they even still sell those they're probably not made in Italy anymore, but maybe the quality is still better than something from the parts store...

Mine don't work any better than napa rotors and pads. .....but yes I can.

Mine don't work any better than napa rotors and pads. .....but yes I can.

Yeah, to be honest I can't really tell one brake rotor from another. I've had problems caused by crappy brake pads, but nothing I think was the fault of the rotors themselves. Lately I've had really good luck finding nearly new brake rotors from auto recyclers or even in the junkyard of all places. Even found some ZJ rear calipers with practically brand new pads in them, and just paid for the calipers.

Last edited:
Brake rotors are typical pretty similar. They're all cast iron. When you're paying more it's usually for better balance, better/smoother cooling fins, corrosion resistance, or just plain markup lol. I know tons of racers that use napa blanks at the track. They figure after a day, they're toast anyways, why spend $200 on a set of brembo rotors when they are all going to heat up and warp anyway. Pads are what really set the stage for braking.

Back