• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Coolant flush question

GoBlue

NAXJA Forum User
Can I flush out my system somehow without a garden hose? I am installing a radiator thermostat and water pump. What are my options if its not possible to get a water supply? Thanks.

Oh geez... how much pressure can you get? I'm not an expert but I've flushed mine and pressure was required to keep pumping our the old coolant.

If you get a flush kit available at just about any of the parts stores, you need a garden hose. You need that to be able to verify that your coolant and the subsequent water flowing out is clear. Several flushes usually clears the water right up and makes for less problems down the road since you are starting off with clear water. I am on a well here where I live, thus I then have to do some creative flushing, or go to my parents who are on city water, and then I have less hassle with water with other minerals in it that well water has, thus when I do a drain and fill, I usually go and get distilled water so that what is going in has less a chance of having minerals to react with either the block or the coolant/water mix.

Jeff

Back