• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new MJ owner....former TJ owner.....

Gunter

NAXJA Forum User
Hasta

got my new to me 1989 Comanche on monday.
a billion miles and been lightly wrecked, but i like it. 4.0 and d35 rear (ugh)
and my nice Montana spray can paint job .
i have many questions on this truck....foremost is the coolant, do these get air locked easy? had an over heating deal first day when i got stuck LOL and the motor when you drive and hold steady it cuts and sputters, but under that and over that (speed) accelerating or decelerating it runs good, no knocks or smoke etc.

thanks !

G

If you don't bleed the system correctly they can get airlocked a bit. The older closed cooling system (90 and earlier) is more prone to it. You can unscrew the temp sender in the rear driver top corner of the head until all the air comes out to bleed it a bit, and boring a 1/8" hole through the flange of the thermostat before installation (make sure the hole ends up at the top) can help it self bleed.

i got my coolant worked out,thanks for the ideas, i ll use them next go around :)
just got stuck in hood deep snow....fortunately i was able to back out of it and get clear of it. a freakin hole the size of an f350 covered with blowing snow .

Back