• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a little interior cosmetic help

robertj

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a new cd player for my jeep, but it was a bit tight around the dash, so we trimmed some of it off, but now it looks pretty ghetto. Are there anyways to fix this please?

yup, go to the local salvage yard and get another one.

When I put mine in, I used my dremel to slowly shave it bigger until it was a smooth fit.....

Or you could get a kit of splatter type spray paint and cover it in that. While your at it you can do the smae with all the interior trim pieces. It doesn't look bad. I know because I did the same thing you did and this actually made it look unique. I've recieved many compliments on the way it looks.

imma honky said:
When I put mine in, I used my dremel to slowly shave it bigger until it was a smooth fit.....

ya thats what we did but it didnt turn out so great, it wasnt even, and didnt really need trimmin on one side.

What we're gonna do tomorrow is like drill new holes in the mounting bracket to try to get the face forward some more, which should hide the mistake.

If i remember correctly, I onlly shaved a little bit off the bottom

I mounted mine behind the trim, took the trim ring off the radio and just left the faceplate stick through the hole.

no cutting, and no radio looking like it was ready to jump out at any moment!

yay, we fixed it. We took the mounting bracket and drilled and slotted a new hole, so now its centered and you cant see the ghetto'ness, but it does look like its goin to jump out at you, but thats cool w/ me.

Back