• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRO track bar axle end bolt size?

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Jeep decided to drop the bolt on the way to work this morning. Thankfully happened close to work.

What size is the bolt iron rock uses on the axle end? The install lists 2 bolts but doesn't say which is for which side. I'm assuming the 12mm is the axle end?

It's the 7/16, just had to search their site a bit more to find it

Just a follow up on this... was not able to find 7/16 grade 8 at the local home depot. Running a grade 5 at the moment. I'd obviously prefer a grade 8 but is a 5 acceptable for the time being?

Any recommendations on where to order a grade 8 one if I can't find it locally?

Also, anywhere to buy a flag nut for a 7/16" bolt? I really dont like the fact that Iron Rock uses a standard nut in that pocket, I've tightened it up a couple times and it won't stay put since I can't get a tool in there.

TSC?

I used a BIG FLAT head screw driver and tighten it down to spec.It has never came loose on me till i took a wrench to it.It will fit thru the side with the slot in it.

5 should be fine for now.
The bolt isn't supposed to be holding your trackbar on anyhow. If it is, there is something amiss.

Find a torque wrench and set to spec. Make sure to hold that tag nut or regular nut with something to prevent spinning while you stretch that bolt.

Last edited:
Back