• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to instal the Factory Clock

XJwheelman

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up the Mopar OEM dashboard clock from an 88 XJ I found at the junkyard. I want to try and get it to work in my 96 but unfortunately the wiring harness isn't there on the 96, or at least I can't find it. There is a whole harness coming out of the clock, anyone have any suggestions as to what I can wire this up to?

You have a whole harness coming out of it? Take a picture of that harness. My 95 had the plug IIRC, if not then its the clock i was thinking of that i used the cigarette lighter as a tap for power.

I can take a look at mine tomorrow if i can find it, took it out some while ago to go back to the plastic faux panel. Put my CB microphone mount there, and also the clock i got was too dim to see in daylight for some reason.

The clock dims for night driving, you may need to check your wires to make sure you wired it right.When you pull the lights on it should dim.Thats how mine works

If you disconnect the dimming wire, it'll stay bright all the time. That's why I didn't connect that one.

Back