• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'93 XJ Stroker into a '98 XJ - guidance anyone

Gordos

NAXJA Forum User
My '93 XJ body "rotted out". I took it off the the road for safety sake. It has a moderate mileage 4.7 Stroker that I would like to move into my "new to me" '98 XJ. I'm concerned that all the engine-related inputs may be a problem. The '93 has very few but the '98 has many. How practical is my plan to "move all the engine sensors " over to my stroker engine and "plant it" in the '98? Which ones are the "difficult" ones?
Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Gord

You have to transfer all of the sensors from the 98 to the stroker block, since the obd1 has different connector types, and won't plug into the 98's harness. You will leave the temp sensor for the dash gauge unplugged on the driver's side rear top corner of head of the stroker block, as the 97+ obd2s gets the temp info from the thermostat housing sensor and don't have a connector at the rear location. Transfering the 98's throttle-body will take care of the IAC, TPS, and MAP sensors(93 had map on firewall). You might have to use the 98's distributor, cause I'm unsure if the CMP underneath has the same connection or will transfer to the 93's dizzy(you might want to try that first before removing dizzys). Oil pressure sensor by the filter. CKP sensor in bellhousing with connection by the rear-most fuel rail stud(you will use the 98's fuel rail).

Last edited:
Back