• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 is under the XJ!!

Alright, it's under and averything is hooked up, Quick question!!

The brakes seem to be locked up or just really tight. Everything looks good, the drums fit over the shoes just fine. Ebrake is adjusted properly, it got dark and my wife left for the evening, she says to go over here Moms to play board games and I have to take care of the kids, anyway any sugestions. Brand new shoes and drums.

TIA

I Promise to have a picture tomorrow, BTW since the brakes are sticking, the Aussie Locker is working, click click click click click click click click click :D

DSCF0076.JPG

I know big deal another D44 under an XJ.

Anyway, did the reverse thing, adjusted the brakes a bit better, still some slight drag.

The Aussie Locker so far I am quite impressed!! In direct comparison to the LockRite, lots of clicking but so far no banging. I'll keep you posted!!

So you put in a new axle and you left the original anchors? :)
Anyways, looking good :D Hopefully by next summer I'm gonna have mine in :D

Kejtar

I bought my u-bolts from napa and havent had a problem with them.:)

Kejtar said:
So you put in a new axle and you left the original anchors? :)
Anyways, looking good :D Hopefully by next summer I'm gonna have mine in :D

Kejtar

The Anchors will be taken care of shortlly, nice work on yours, I'll probably just end up reusing the originals. I have a buddy with a plasma cutter, :D

I had to get it under, I need the money from my old D35 to buy me a new driveshaft, wheelin and dealin :)

Back