• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear and forward light questions

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
yes its a question about the walmart cheapy ones lol before you click back and shake your head, i just need to know if they are suffice for doing newspaper deliveries at night. i do a lot of back woods delivery of paper and i do a lot of backing up and such so i just wanted to know if those small round 'chromo' ones will work enough to do that.

second question is how do you wire extra lights to the rear, so that backing up they turn on but dont turn on or are used when doing anything else.

edit' sorry for lack of capitalization and such, my shift keys are working lol

Id hit harbor freight for at least the reverse lights. They have some cheap ones that are rectangular and throw a good beam, I used them on my last xj for aux reverse lights. You'll have to tap into the reverse light wire and use that to trigger a relay to light them up automatically. Don't just try to run them off the stock wire, run it straight to the battey.

For the front have you considers upgrading your headlight harness? I work nights and part of my routine is a drive around of our building before opening it. Pretty dark out back. A new harness and some silver stars gave me great light output.

I've thought about the harness but I keep getting mixed reviews about quality, plus the guy before had installed the wiring and switch for off road lights on the brush guard, I got rid of the lights because they didnt work, still got the wires sticking out and the switch in the console so I thought I could just buy a pair of lights and hook them up to the wires already installed and call it good lol

Back