• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood cutouts and venting

travisk

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about picking up this XJ, but there are few janky things going on with it. The owner cut these holes in the hood but did not install vents. They aren't cut to any particular aftermarket hood vent size. Any ideas for a fix to keep the water out?

Oh, that's not actual armor on the hood. It's spray-on liner.

8waaua.jpg

Magnetic sheet. Stick them right on, you can get different size thicknesses, get the industrial size stuff that is mean for signs on the side of cars. I've seen people do that before to cover up hood vent holes.

Even if you installed louvers you would still get rain water entering. I don't know of any venting system that would let out hot air and not allow rain water in.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Plenty of people use the LeBaron hood vents, and have no issues with water from Thunderstorms, snow, or ice.

easy fix buy a different hood. i have some lebaron hood vent i was going to put in then i found some off a 90's Pontiac gand prix in the junkyard that look better and something different.

Looks like those could be cut for Z-34 vents.

JIM.

Back