• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

originally purchased

sandsgg

NAXJA Forum User
So i called up Chrysler yesterday and they told me my mj was originally a Canadian truck but the Speedo is in mph, is there any way i can tell if it was in fact Canadian

They might mean it was manufactured at a Canadian facility for the American market - not sure.

What's the VIN? You can often decode the VIN using online decoder tools to find more info about it.

Assuming you listed the correct VIN, this is the info I got from Chrysler for it. Originally sold in Illinois, but original owner and latest known owner living in Fort Hood, TX. In 1988 AMC was being bought by Chrysler, and Options info for these vehicles is either sketchy or non existant. Yours lists several options codes, but gives no descritions of what the codes are. This info gets worse going into 87 and 86, with many of them not even in Chryslers system. Maybe you gave the Chrysler person the wrong VIN or maybe they heard it wrong and looked up the wrong vehicle. Anyways, hope this helps!

1988 MJ

Build Date:
August 12, 1987

Original owner and current owner listed as living in Fort Hood, TX

Open recall #562, Oxygen sensor

Vehicle Sale Information​
Selling Dealer:​
23581 - NAPERVILLE JEEP/DODGE
Sales Type: 1 - DIRECT RETAIL

City:​
LISLE
State/Province: IL