• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors recomendation?

Yankee

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to replace injectors in my 98 XJ 4.0... which do you guys think will be better? 19# or 24#? I've done it before to my former 89XJ but don't really remmebr... all I know I put some Ford Racing Bosch injectors - worked good.

I'm starting work on my truck - want to build it for long distance travels - both on and off road and want better fuel economy then I have now - 12 mpg...

engine has roughly under 190k on the clock

thanks...

You need the 19 lb ones, 24 lbs is too much for the 4.0 from the reports I have read here. I got mine at fiveomotorsports dot com about 6 years ago. I got the 4 hole Bosch ones. They work great.

19# Ford 5.0 or Neon injectors. 24# would be for a stroker.

The Neon injectors will flow 24 lbs on the 49 psi rail. The Neon injectors should be only used on the lower pressure rail. Whom ever did that chart did not do their homework.

I recommend either the Ford YR3E-A4A or the XF2E-C4B for the 97+ fuel rail.
The YR3E will flow 22.5 on the 49 PSI rail and XF2E will flow about 21 lbs.

Someone also recommended these Bosch injectors: 0280156007 The numbers look interesting, but i have not tried them.

The Neon injectors will flow 24 lbs on the 49 psi rail. The Neon injectors should be only used on the lower pressure rail. Whom ever did that chart did not do their homework.

I recommend either the Ford YR3E-A4A or the XF2E-C4B for the 97+ fuel rail.
The YR3E will flow 22.5 on the 49 PSI rail and XF2E will flow about 21 lbs.

Someone also recommended these Bosch injectors: 0280156007 The numbers look interesting, but i have not tried them.

Talyn,

I was going to use the Neon ones on my 96 (returnless fuel system). But seeing that I cant, which 4 hole injectors do you recomend for a 96???
I'm going to go to the junk yard this weekend.

Thanks!

Talyn, I was going to use the Neon ones on my 96 (returnless fuel system). But seeing that I cant, which 4 hole injectors do you recomend for a 96??? I'm going to go to the junk yard this weekend. Thanks!

The 0280156007 he mentioned come in 2001 and up Dodge and Chrysler minivans with the 3.3L engine. They are a bright green. DON'T confuse them with the dark green 0280155789s which are also in Dodge Chrysler minivans. You will need to remove the entire plastic intake manifold to get to a set of the 007s.

The Ford XF2E-C4B's come in 3.8L WindStars and Mustangs but the Mustangs are to hard to get out. I would just grab 3 off the front of 2 different WindStar engines so you can get 6 without having to remove the intake.

thanks all... I might be getting Ford injectors then... so far the engine runs perfect so I'll leave everything else stock. Might want to open it up a bit, let it breath better since I've installed a new Duramax exhaust system a couple of months ago.

thanks again...

Back